Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Happenings

It's time to link up to the NewFO Challenge over at Cat Patches.  It's fun to do Show and Tell and it motivates me to get into the sewing room and get busy.  If you'd like to join us just link up.



September finishes and beginnings starting with Doll Quilt Swaps.  These two have been received by my two partners and they said that they liked them so I guess it's safe to share with you.  Fall is my favorite season when the air cools off and I can feel comfortable in my skin.  Isn't menopause fun and will it ever end????



I didn't measure the quilts  but the Maple leaves are 5 inch squares.

I've been working on my goal to make 8 quilts for the grand kids for Christmas and these two are almost finished.  I have the border fabric and need to get it on then quilting later this month.


I just couldn't put a white background with these beautiful fabrics because although these girls are cute they are still little messes.


I also participated in a "Pretty Pouch Swap" with Anthea in Australia.  I sent it to her a few weeks ago and she doesn't have it yet and I haven't received mine either but we are both looking forward to see each other's creations.  I sure hope she likes it.


 I've been wanting to make this pouch for some time.  I embroidered the flowers on the outside before I quilted it with straight line quilting.


Inside I added some clear vinyl pockets to hold goodies


I made a tissue holder and needle case and a scissor keeper which isn't shown,  to match along with lots of fun goodies.

Dolly Babies...


 Presley's daddy asked if I would make a little dolly and a purse for her because her big sisters wouldn't share.  So I found the cutest little rag doll pattern and added some yarn for hair, added a dress a little blankie and presented it to her and another little girl who also needed a dolly and blankie.


Presley is 2.  I hope she learns how to wear clothes before she starts school!
Sorry about the naked baby picture but she will not keep clothes on.  I love the adoring look on her face.  She calls her  Dolly Baby.


And lastly Miss Lilly is hiding, she is invisible..uh huh

Thanks for stopping by come back again really soon.

10 comments:

  1. wow lots of gorgeous work there,well done with all your gorgeous finishes.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lots of fun things going! The dolly is so cute and looks well received. Wonderful pouch with a special touch. Love the invisible kittie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of really nice projects. I just love your Fall table runner! I think getting naked goes along with being two. They all seem to do it! No fear, they grow out of it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow Girl! I love your fall leaves and your maple leaves. I've been thinking of making something with Maples leaves. and I think you've just inspired me. Great job on everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your projects are wonderful! You are so ambitious to make 8 quilts for Christmas! And Presley is adorable - there's plenty of time to learn to wear clothes later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fall projects. That is an ambitious goal! Get sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure our mail to each other will arrive very soon Vickie! Lots of beautiful sewing there x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pouch and goodies are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great little quilts. You have a great way of making them. I love the dolls with the bright hair too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fall things! And the pouch is fabulous~ can you share with me about the pattern? Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete