Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Last NewFO Post of 2012

Hi there!  I know it's late but I did want to share the things I finished for the NewFO Challenge of 2012.  
Lots has been happening in my life starting with a new job and we are closing on a house this month so there is a lot to look forward to in the new year.  We had Thanksgiving then Christmas then the New Year.  
I will just say that I am really looking forward to some happy sewing therapy in a new sewing room. 
About a month ago I got an email from my son with a picture and a note saying "Mom, make me one of these..."  Well I don't knit, I do crochet from time to time but when a child of mine says "Mom, make me one of these" well of course I will do whatever it takes to make that happen so...here it is not perfect but a darned good try presenting...The Brain Hat!

 My military son, 6'7" tall and sporting a new beard and now a brain hat to go with it.  Should keep him warm this winter.  If you can't tell from this picture it is a regular stocking cap with i-cord - miles of it - attached to the top in a way that makes it resemble the brain.  Who thought of that?  Oh well so now I knit. Sort of...



I belong to the Doll Quilt Swap and it is so much fun!  I have received the most beautiful little quilts and have really enjoyed making them too.   If you'd like to join you can sign up HERE.  Here is my mini quilt made for Julianne - she LOVES Racoons!  Hope she likes this one it got mailed out today.  


My embroidery machine has been in the shop since October but I've been so busy with my new job that I haven't had time to think about it.  Well she's home now and better than ever.   I'm not bragging when I say that she has 22  million stitches on her.  The thread wore a groove in the thingy and it had to be replaced.  Well I do use it and love it.  
These two quilts are proof that she is running like a dream.  This little quilt is for Patricia, our optional theme was "Snow".  I think I got this one right.

I did a little free motion quilting on it with pebbling in the middle and loopy loos on the border.

I also belong to Block Swap Adventure.  We choose which block we'd like our partner to make for us and then they choose one for us to make them.  
Here is the block that Sandra requested.  She loves bold colors and batiqs.


And last but not least here is a scrapy variation of a pinwheel block that Janet requested.  

I do wish there was more to show you but there just isn't this month.  But hey!  I got a new Camera for Christmas!!!  Santa was listening after all.  Have a fun and safe and warm winter.  

Hugs, Vickie

4 comments:

  1. These are great projects. Love the brain hat, and your doll quilts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Winter Wonderland project and the quilting is great on it, too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering you don't knit you've done a wonderful job on the brain hat. Your doll quilts are lovely too. I like the idea of the block swap a great way to build a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having read this I believed it was rather enlightening. I appreciate you finding the time and effort to
    put this informative article together. I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and commenting.
    But so what, it was still worth it!
    Have a look at my web page :: writing online

    ReplyDelete