Saturday, August 1, 2015

Time to start blogging again...

So what have I been doing for the last year or so...

Growing flowers

Entertaining Grandkids


And teaching them to sew



And of course a little Quilting of my own


And I participated in the Row by Row Experience this year


What a blast it was!  All of these rows are from Utah but maybe next year they will come from a different state.  But the best part is that I was the first to turn my finished quilt  in to my local quilt shop and I won fat quarter bundle.


25 gorgeous fabrics from Riley Blake  
Lucky Me!!!  (But it was a lot of work)

And now...

I am working on two BOM's with Deanna at DOD mystery.  One is an Americana Quilt and the other is a Spring Quilt.  Here is a sample of my beginning rows.

First row of the Spring Garden Quilt
Third row of the Americana Quilt
First row of the Americana Quilt

Can't wait to get them done...they can hang in the closet with the other finished quilt tops until I get to do the quilting on them.  

You can still join the quilt along over at Deanna's if you want, all you do is finish one block a month and post it on her blog and then you get the next month's block for free.  

See you soon, Vickie

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    I read you blog . Very informativeThis is a gorgeous one. Thanks a lot for sharing this good one.Quilting notions have to some extent reduced what was once a lengthy and painstaking procedure and in doing so has made the quilting process more manageable and realisable hobby for a greater range of people that would be otherwise constrained by the traditional hand methods.To know more Visit-quilting notions

    Thanks
    Shamim

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos.
    The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share

    clipping path

    ReplyDelete