Friday, October 12, 2012

October DQS

The mailman brought me the cutest little witch from my swap partner Linda.  She created this wonderful little paper pieced witch.  I'm borrowing her photo and have to tell you the orange is much brighter than the picture.

This has been the funnest swap to be in.  Every month we have a different theme and this month it was SPOOKY.  Here's what I came up with for Linda using left over fabrics from my Schnibbles  SPECK quilt.  
I found a coloring page with a ghost that I liked.  Then  sewed together some white scraps and used an applique technique to make the ghost.  He looked like he needed to be holding something so I picked a spider.  The eyes are well I don't know what to call them except googley eyes.  I hope she likes it.  I had fun making it. 

There is still room in our group so join up if you want to have some fun and get/give some creative little quilts.  Here's the link.  See you next month when the theme is; use one solid.  Humm all kinds of possibilities with this one.  Until then have a great fall.  
Vickie



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love my little quilt! The ghost is just adorable and the spider is too cute! Thank you so very much for being my swap partner this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt sooooo cute!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete