Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What Happened to July ???



What happened to July?  

  • Wow the summer is going fast.  I have managed to sew a little bit since June but not much has gotten finished.    I am just loving the The Great Granny Along.  The blocks  are so fun and easy.  
  • The New FO Quilt Challenge rules say we just need to start some projects each month, we don't have to finish them so I guess I'm a good team player.







  • I did manage to finish one project though it is for the Doll Quilt Swap the theme was Red, White and Blue.

 Sorry didn't crop these but I'm learning...

  • I received this beautiful doll quilt from my June partner Meg.  I just love hearts and the butterfly necklace is so cute!  The theme was something old, new, borrowed or blue.
  • Got a new phone with better camera and snapped a few pix in a friends yard.


  • And Made a batch of two of Apricot Jam with the Hubby.



As July draws to a close I find myself in a very awkward emotional state.  After months of consideration  my hubby and I have decided to move to live nearer family a couple of hours away.  We have been here for 8  years and have grown to love the people, the area and my job.  I've been training a new supervisor for my position, taking down decorations, it seems I've moved into the office just like I did my apartment.  I've been an emotional mess and haven't blogged about it for fear of being an, excuse the expression, (whiny butt) well, depressing person.  Change is the pits is all I can say about that!  So for now my Block Swap Adventure and Doll Quilt Swap is on hold.  I will try to keep up on the Schnibbles quilt along as long as I can keep from packing one of the sewing machines.
   We are buying a home and will move in  late August.  The home is older but ideal for us as it needs lots of updating and TLC.  Hopefully I will be able to do a good job of before and after updates and showcase the talents of my sweetheart and I as we work together to build our future.   Wish us luck.   




5 comments:

  1. Vickie what an exciting new adventure for you and hubby,i wish you well with your move.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally a team player! I've seen those granny blocks before, but when I made them they were called a chimney sweep block. The only difference is the number of fabrics used. My blocks used just to fabrics. It is of fun block to make. I like the idea of calling it a granny square when you use different colors. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change can be so difficult, but once you're moved, you'll have so much to do. You'll enjoy the journey and so nice to be closer to family. Love the photo of all that jam - apricot is my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been very busy! I know it's an emotional time to move, but don't stay away from us! We'll see you through the move. We don't always expect happy happy posts all the time, so don't ever be afraid to vent or ask for a hug when you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you lots and lots and lots of good thoughts...you do so much for so many...please take care of yourself...be kind to you.

    ReplyDelete