What happened to July?
- Wow the summer is going fast. I have managed to sew a little bit since June but not much has gotten finished. I am just loving the The Great Granny Along. The blocks are so fun and easy.
- The New FO Quilt Challenge rules say we just need to start some projects each month, we don't have to finish them so I guess I'm a good team player.
- I did manage to finish one project though it is for the Doll Quilt Swap the theme was Red, White and Blue.
- I received this beautiful doll quilt from my June partner Meg. I just love hearts and the butterfly necklace is so cute! The theme was something old, new, borrowed or blue.
- Got a new phone with better camera and snapped a few pix in a friends yard.
- And Made a batch of two of Apricot Jam with the Hubby.
As July draws to a close I find myself in a very awkward emotional state. After months of consideration my hubby and I have decided to move to live nearer family a couple of hours away. We have been here for 8 years and have grown to love the people, the area and my job. I've been training a new supervisor for my position, taking down decorations, it seems I've moved into the office just like I did my apartment. I've been an emotional mess and haven't blogged about it for fear of being an, excuse the expression, (
whiny butt) well, depressing person. Change is the pits is all I can say about that! So for now my Block Swap Adventure and Doll Quilt Swap is on hold. I will try to keep up on the Schnibbles quilt along as long as I can keep from packing one of the sewing machines.
We are buying a home and will move in late August. The home is older but ideal for us as it needs lots of updating and TLC. Hopefully I will be able to do a good job of before and after updates and showcase the talents of my sweetheart and I as we work together to build our future. Wish us luck.