Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Quilting Cottage update

Lots of you have asked me to show the progress on the Quilting Cottage so I've been taking a few pictures as we go along. My inspiration for the colors I chose for the Quilting Cottage is this new fabric line by Henry Glass.  I'm loving the colors together, blacks yellows and greys.  I hope I love it for a long long time because now the walls match it and paint ain't cheap!  I stole this collage of fabrics from Shabby Fabrics, I hope they don't mind.  I love Shabby Fabrics and want you all to go there and buy I out of trouble yet?
So here's the tour...
The quilting cottage started out as a barn of some sort.  The window wells are at least 15 inches deep.  We started out by removing a wall to the bedroom area and framing it in.  This is the south side.

 We had high hopes of removing the dropped ceiling but put it right back as soon as we saw what was above it.  We removed the carpet and hoped to be able to stain the concrete but nope that couldn't happen either see the big patch in the middle of the room and I think someone used mudding compound to level the floor.  Go figure.  This is the North side.

 As you can see the kitchen is small, cheap cupboards but they will do since there won't be much cooking going on in here and I can use them to store sewing, quilting, scrapbooking and painting supplies.  That bathroom is fully functioning and that's a good thing since there could be long periods of quilting going on in this little cottage.
Lots of time has been spent painting and cleaning.  I went with a grey paint by Behr called Dolphin and a yellow for accent by Behr called Straw, I think, I'll have to check that one out if anyone really wants to know leave me a message. 
 The counters are in the works on the South side of the room.  This will be the sewing area. 

 And the floor got a coat of paint and a few sprinkles to brighten it up, it's Silver. 
Before we moved we were able to pick up a few odds and ends from the JoAnn's store that was moving across town.  We bought 2 pattern boxes, some counter tops and other things very cheap, I think the boxes were $25.00 each and I got the last 2.
 And since the fabric has lots of black in it I decided a nice shiny coat of black paint would do just fine.  I gave them a light sanding before we spray painted them. 

 This is my Grand daughter Fiona helping with the painting. 

 Here they are put in the room.  I'm not too sure where they will go but this is one option.  I have to leave enough room for the cutting table that we got from JoAnn's too. 

The Ice Cream shop chair you see in the left corner of the picture is one of the 6 that I've been hanging onto for years.  They will get a nice new coat of paint and new seats that are covered in this Bee-u-t-ful fabric.  Well that's it for today I'm off to paint or scrub or agitate my husband for the day and then tonight we are going to  see Sawyer Brown and Due West in concert.  Only 11 more days and we can move into our new house.  Hopefully I'll have the sewing room all ready before that so I can escape and make that March Doll Quilt that is due by the end of the month.  Have a great day!  V.


  1. Oh. Wow. What more can I say. It's going to be beautiful! I want to come to your house to play.

  2. It's coming along wonderfully - bee- utiful!!

  3. wow Vickie this is looking fantastic,cant wait to see the finish.xx

  4. That is going to be wonderful for you.

  5. I enjoy what you guys are up too. Such clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the superb works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.

    Also visit my weblog;