Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Resolve to Sew in 2012 and 2012 FO Challenge

The first of the year I promised myself that I would start a project and then finish a project.  So far I've done pretty well with the starting of the projects but the finishing of them is quite another matter...  I've linked up with Cat Patches for the 2012 New FO Challenge and Very Berry Handmade to give me the incentive I need to finish more than a few projects this year.  Very Berry Handmade is giving away some great gifts that I will need to start even more projects this year. (Like the Fat Quarter Bundle from Backstitch.)

 This week I  pulled out this quilt that was half done and finished it.  It didn't take very long and I don't know why it wasn't done sooner.  It is called A TRIP AROUND THE WORLD and it was started about 4 years ago.  My DSIL says she wants one "King size in Greens!"  hummm.

After watching a video tutorial over at Missouri Star Quilt Company I picked up a ruler and a couple of charm packs and made this darling table topper.  You can see the video HERE.  It is so easy!!!  Then I had a blast quilting it last weekend.  

I had to add a few hearts in there.  I just love hearts!
The fabric line is from French General  for Moda it's called Rouenneries Deux seriously I can't pronounce it but you should hear me try, it's hilarious.

Schnibbles - Full House  I finished it this morning just in time for blogging.

The colors just don't show up very good, it's blowing like crazy outside and kind of dark inside and I'm sorry about the poor picture quality.  I used a Moda line...Ruby.

 Lets see, this is a finish...I cut out 4 of these but only finished 2 this week.  I just love the cute little snowmen all stacked up.  It's been such a mild winter here, i'm wondering if we will even get to build a snowman this year.
I quilted them last Saturday too and had so much fun.
My NPNT block this week was Stitching.  I am loving doing these blocks along with Kelly over at Charming Chatter.  She has already started piecing her blocks together with the prettiest retro prints.  I'm Green with jealousy over her progress.

I started and finished my Block Swap Adventures Block for Sunny and mailed it off last week.  I think she liked it!  I just got a peek of the one she made for me and I Love, Love, Love it!

And finally I finished this wall hanging with the changeable little quilts for the months of the year.  Somehow it disappeared this week when I was helping Connie with hers...humm...hope it finds its way home soon.

MY PLAN FOR NEXT WEEK
  1. Start and finish my initial block swap block for a nice lady who is a secret.
  2. Finish a heart Skinny that we started the other day, I've got backing and binding purchased and ready to go.
  3. Machine embroider some more lace bags and bookmarks to get ready for Valentines Day.
  4. Make a Paper pieced Heart Banner.
  5. Choose another quilt out of my stash of UFO's that needs to be finished and work on it!

That ought to keep me out of trouble for the next few days!  Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Just lovely pieces - so hard to compliment one with out another being left out! Such cute snowmen - I left me snowmen items out after Christmas for the winter season - it was so mild until a few days ago, but not enough snow for a snowman here either - sure it will come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so busy sewing I haven't taken down the Christmas decorations yet but the snowmen can stay up through January I think. I'm gearing up for Valentines day. I just love hearts!

      Delete
  2. Wow, lots going on in your sewing room. Very fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a busy bee! Lots of lovely things coming from your creativity. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such pretty projects! Love your houses, and the dresden quilt is fabulous. :D

    ReplyDelete