Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Relearning to embroider

A few years ago I bought my first embroidery machine and fell in love!  I've upgraded to an Brother Innovis 4000D.  Let me tell you, I've had so much fun with it I've almost worn it out.  Well a few weeks ago I left a comment on Kelly's blog and accidentally won all of these CUTE, CUTE, CUTE blocks that just need to be embroidered.  The pattern is called Nice People, Nice Things.  I will be posting a block a week hopefully on Wednesday,  in a stitch along with Kelly and Carol.  Don't look too close, it's been a while since I've put floss to fabric and I'm rusty but maybe it's like riding a horse and it will all come back to me.  ;)


4 comments:

  1. Those blocks are so much fun! I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vickie - look at those gorgeous stitches! You rock! I love the colors you picked, too :)!!! Can't wait for next week :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, The stitch I used is the same one that Kelly used it is called a back stitch. Here's a you tube video that shows you how to do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GFFTgKay8g&feature=related Thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete