Monday, July 11, 2011

Santa Sack Swap update!

Here is the Santa Sack I sent to Sarah, my Santa Sack Swap Partner.  This swap started on July 1st, we (swap) a couple of gifts each month and by Christmas we get to open a whole bunch of presents.  Each of us made a sack for the other.  Sarah's sack is made from drapery fabric using an Amy Butler pattern.  The reason I made it out of drapery fabric is that she is really into historical costuming.   


Here is a picture of the sack she made for me.  Isn't it the cutest thing.  She actually sewed each sequin on by hand one at a time.  She also made a tutorial which you can find here   http://smclevenger.blogspot.com/2011/07/santa-sack-tutorial.html  What a great idea for Christmas gifts!  I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.  I have a few fun things planned for her too but can't reveal them but I will give a hint or two from time to time.

3 comments:

  1. I love my Santa Sack! It is so funny that you mentioned that I like costuming because when I opened it I told my husband it was perfect to take to the renaissance festival! Thanks for posting a link to my tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I took the pix before I made the lace for the front of it but I thought it added a little something. I would have said renaissance but couldn't remember how to spell it. I'm lazy like that, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great swaps sent and received,well done

    ReplyDelete