|Everyone loves to get things in the mail right? So I made these for my grandkids , mailed them out today and they should receive them by Monday. I found this cute idea on a blog some time ago and now I can't remember where but I can tell you how it was done. |
|1. Drink a lot of soda, or buy some for your friends and then ask for the bottles back.|
2. Cut a hole in the side, I used a seam ripper. Cut down 2 inches, across about 3 inches and up 2 inches, this will leave the top portion still attached, like a flap.
3. Put a piece of clear packing tape on the inside of the flap and lift the flap open.
4. Fill bottle with all kinds of fun things, I used colorful socks, candy, glow in the dark spiders and snakes, bubbles, a glow stick and pencils and some colorful crinkled paper.
5. Close the flap using clear packing tape and then cover taped area with a label. Tighten the lid and put a piece of tape around it too.
6. Address and mail. The cost was $5.10 each for priority mail or first class. I can't wait to get a few phone calls on Monday.
I got quite a few fun comments from people in line and the mail clerk, nobody could figure out how I got those things in there and I was praised as the Best Grandma Ever!